(9 Sep 2011) SHOTLIST
1. Wide exterior of the Indonesian Defence Ministry office
2. Mid of Defence Ministry sign
3. Wide of South Korea Defence Minister, Kim Kwan-jin, and his counterpart, Indonesian Defence Minister, Purnomo Yusgiantoro, walking to podium
4. Mid of Kim and Yusgiantoro
5. Mid of honour guard giving salute
6. Mid of South Korea delegation
7. Various of Kim inspecting the honour guard
8. Mid pan from the director general of defence potential at the Indonesian Defence ministry, Pos Hutabarat, to Korean director general of Force Policy Bureau, Lee Yong-dae, signing memorandum of understanding
9. Zoom out from both representatives exchanging document to Kim and Yusgiantoro standing on either side
10. SOUNDBITE (Indonesian) Pos Hutabarat, director general of defence potential, Indonesian Defence ministry:
“We signed a cooperation memorandum of understanding for the development of fighter jet KF-X, generation 4.5, in order to strengthen our arsenal, to secure the waters and the vast Indonesian archipelago.”
11. Mid of Kim handing Yusgiantoro a model of the fighter jet
12. Close of the model, pull out to Kim and Yusgiantoro
13. Mid of people listening to seminar
14. Wide of Kim at lectern giving speech
15. Mid of Kim
16. Cutaway of banner reading “Welcome to the Defence Industry Seminar”
17. Mid of Kim leaving
South Korea”s defence minister, Kim Kwan Jin, met with his Indonesian counterpart, Purnomo Yusgiantoro, on Friday in Jakarta for bilateral talks and to discuss ways of strengthening their defence cooperation.
During his visit, Kim visited the Indonesian Defence Ministry, and discussed the sale of weapons with Yusgiantoro.
Both countries signed a memorandum of understanding to develop the South Korean KF-X fighter jet.
Kim is also trying to secure a one (b) billion US dollar submarine contract with Jakarta, Yonhap News Agency reported.
Seoul is hoping to sell Jakarta the diesel-electric submarines, amid the latter”s attempts to modernise its aging naval fleet, Yonhap said.
Kim is scheduled to visit later on Friday a weapons factory in Bandung where the South Korean and Indonesian governments will cooperate in making the armoured vehicle, the Tarantula.
You can license this story through AP Archive:
Find out more about AP Archive: